Employment Opportunities at CTL
Title: Scenic Construction Assistant
Reports to: Set Director
Time Commitment: Part-Time, flexible schedule (MUST HAVE DAY TIME AVAILABILITY)
Location: Community Theatre League, Williamsport PA The Community Theatre League (CTL) is dedicated to using the inspiration and creativity of the performing arts to fulfill its ambitious mission to entertain, educate, and enrich the community. Community Theatre League delivers engaging experiences for all ages that connect audiences to the performing arts in deep, meaningful, and delightful ways. The organization’s goal is to be both collaborator and catalyst and to inspire the imagination of the audience and the artist through unforgettable shared experiences. CTL is looking for a Scenic Construction Assistant to work with Set Director Gerry Gold on building, constructing and finishing all Mainstage productions and special event needs. Duties:
– Performs various physical duties as assigned.
– Maintain all safety standards.
– Moves, secures, installs, builds, loads, or unloads materials.
– Performs some specialized tasks which may require on-the job training.
– Effectively using light equipment, depending on the job site/assignment.
– Moves items from place to place, according to direction from the site supervisor.
– Moving tools, equipment, or other material as directed in plans or by supervisor. Qualifications:
– Previous experience, especially in particular industry, preferred
– Ability to read labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
– Attentive to detail and alert at all times to ensure safety
– Able to receive and follow instructions and communicate with co-workers
– Ability to work day-time business hours as well as nights and weekends
– Ability to work well in a diverse group
– Valid Driver’s License
– High school diploma is an asset
– Must have up to date, or be willing to apply for, Pennsylvania clearances and background checks Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, to SSponhouse@CTLshows.com with SCENIC CONSTRUCTION ASSISTANT in the subject line.